Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blockbuster and Borders Store Closings


Went out yesterday to both the Burleson Blockbuster and Borders stores that are closing.
((both are in connecting shopping centers along 1131 N. Burleson Blvd. Burleson, TX 76028))


So far Borders was at 20-40% off
and I think the deepest discount I saw at Blockbuster was maybe 30%

The higher discounts at Borders were 30% general merchandise and 40% magazines

Not too good of sales yet, I don't think the Blockbuster will have too much though as it was a fairly small store.

I will be keeping my eye on the Borders store, but I'm guessing the closer to the end of April when the store is supposed to close, the better the deals will be.

As always, know your prices ahead of time.... I was looking to get a graphic novel, on Amazon it's for sale around $14, on sale at Borders with the 20% discount it's currently at it was around $20...so not such a good price so I'll wait and see it I can't catch it at 50% or more!




post signature

1 comments:

Marlene said...

I just hit my local Blockbuster which is also closing...and scored some DVDs for $5.99. Selection is quickly dwindling, though. A lot of the "good movies" are already gone.