Thursday, April 8, 2010

Opening Day at SmashBurger in Burleson!!


Want to try something new and yummy tonight for dinner?

I highly recommend the new SmashBurger in Burleson!!!!

Located at SW Wilshire Blvd & SE John Jones Dr.

1505 Wilshire Blvd

Burleson, Texas
 
In the same shopping complex as the movie theater, and across from the Target Shopping center
 
 
 
I could have sworn I heard yesterday was the Grand Opening, so I decided to track it down and try it out for lunch......However yesterday was not the opening day, rather it was friends and family day.....a trial run for the restaurant where friends and family of the employees were treated to a free lunch.
 
I walked in and was greeted by Chris, who explained it was friends and family day, but he welcomed me warmly none the less and said they wanted to buy me lunch anyway!!!!
 
 
 
 
 The restaurant itself was a little small but very well decorated in reds and whites with both tables and booths. Also just outside was a nice cozy little patio that had tables with umbrellas where you can sit and eat lunch or dinner on a nice day.
 
Their menu, which can be found here, offers something for everyone, and the extras you can order for your burger are unique! (like a fried egg)
 
I wasn't too adventurous my first time around........
 
I tried a Classic Smashburger with Smashburger Sauce, a side of fried pickles and a soft drink
 
The egg bun Smashburger uses for it's hamburgers is divine in and of it's self, but the special sauce they make is wonderful too!
 
I was a little leery of the Smash sauce at first, but found it very yummy! I'm told it's a mix of mayo, mustard, relish, and lemon!
 
 
 
As if I weren't already converted over to being a Smashburger fan with the burger, they also brought over a side of haystack onions and smashfries for me to try as well as samples of their Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Shakes!!!
 
 
 
The Haystack onions are light and have a wonderful taste and come with a super yum-o dipping sauce!

But what really really reaaaaaaallllllly hooked me were the smashfries!!!
These are addictive! Smashburger cooks their fries the way I cook my homemade roasted potatoes!

They're tossed in rosemary, olive oil, and garlic and are super delicious!


For not a lot of money you get a large portion of really great food in a great atmosphere with friendly staff! So big thumbs up from me!



Although I did receive a free meal this review was neither paid for, nor solicited. I just was really impressed by the Staff's kindness, and of course the great food! Opinions are 100% mine!!

0 comments: